NOKIA 5220 Memory Card Corrupted

The data in my Nokia 5220 memory card got corrupted and I received a message that memory card is not formatted. I can’t open gallery or applications menu. When I try to connect to the PC, there is no icon or drive that belongs to memory card. This is new and branded type, a Class A from reputable computer shop. I heard that this problem usually happen on Class AAA memory card.

How can I fix this problem? Do I need to replace the memory card? I tried downloading file recovery program but what can I do if the drive is not mounted, it cannot be scanned.

5 Responses

1. sinatra11 says:

If undetected by the PC, then could be a defective memory card. Yes, I think it needs a replacement. Buy a good brand like Apacer or Kingston.

2. Rupesh says:

THE DATA IN MY MEMORY CARD OF NOKIA 5220 IS CORRUPTED AND I GET THE MESSAGE MEMORY CARD NOT FORMATTED

i have to want this data

please help me

3. eeshal says:

hey guys.. instead of answering, i also have another problem in my 5220.. in my phone, i can’t open the folder “collection” in phone memory. when i click to open that folder, the phone restarts.. why is that? can anyone help me? :-(

4. rohit says:

Just format your cell & update the software from Nokia gallery. this will definitely work…..

5. Cathie says:

hello guys, i just wanted to use th opportunity to ask for your help. My device is a nokia e5. I was playing a game and i decided to stop. I went tho the home screen of my phone and my wallpaper was not there. I decided to go to the gallery to restore it but all my images were not there. I went to file manager and it keeps on telling me memory card is currupt. I swithed the phone on and off but it wouldn’t work. What do i do? Please ireally need your hellp coz u are my only hope. There are some pictures and songs and videos that are very important to me in that memory card. Please i need your help.

And what did u say about updating the software?