“Windows Security 2012 has found critical process activity” Pop up

While browsing the web, a pop-up suddenly appears saying “Windows Security 2012 has found critical process activity…” I am stuck at that. Never touch the PC until someone gives me a clue about it. I called a friend, which is a technical expert, and he said that it could be a virus. His advise is to close the window and unplug my network socket or disable the Wi-Fi connection, which I did.

I am a bit worried if my computer is infected because of staying on that pop-up for long. How can I make sure that my computer is clean and free from any viruses or malware. After the encounter with “Windows Security 2012 has found critical process activity,” I feel that there is something wrong with my computer. By the way, the message on the pop-up states:

“Message from webpage
Windows Security 2012 has found critical process activity on your PC and will perform fast scan of system files.”

Thanks,
Faye

2 Responses

1. danyb says:

The only way to make sure if your computer is still infected or not is to run a scan of antivirus aside from the one installed. If you are not willing to download another AV program, you can always take advantage of free online virus scanner offered on certain security web sites.

It is also essential to run anti-malware tools such as Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware. These tools are proven effective in removing malware from the PC.

2. Allie says:

That kind of thkining shows you’re on top of your game