Uninstall XP Antivirus 2013

Please help me remove a virus called XP Antivirus 2013. It has taken over my computer since yesterday. I have a little bit of knowledge in dealing with malware, but this one is giving me a hard time. XP Antivirus 2013 is blocking my access to task manager so I can’t stop the malware process. I can see the file under my UserProfile, but I need to stop it first before I can delete it. My Internet is also hampered by XP Antivirus 2013 virus and there is no way to download any tool. I only have one PC, so I need to repair it on itself.

I was lucky enough to have malwarebytes on my computer. The only problem I have is how to run it. Virus has blocked entire programs. I have attempted to boot Windows in safemode and hope that I can run the removal procedures there, but XP Antivirus 2013 won’t permit either. What can I do now? Please tell me how to remove XP Antivirus 2013 from the infected computer after it has disabled all the functions.

Thanks,
Marley

1 Response

1. sobrepena says:

This malware as well as other members from its clan are difficult to remove. My PC was once were infected with it. I used a removal procedure from this web site and took me a single day to remove the malware. As far as I can remember, I used TDSSKiller and MalwareBytes Antimalware to remove this malware also known as Braviax or Chameleon rogue.

TDSSKiller removes the rootkit Trojan that is responsible for killing most of your programs. It also covers the operation of the malware. As we already know, MBAM is a tool to remove several kinds of threats, not just malware. These two is strong enough to remove XP Antivirus 2013 from your computer.

Goodluck!