Internet Security 2014 and amasecure.exe virus

While using Mozilla Firefox while browsing the web and searching for something is blocked by a sudden appearance of a virus. The browser closes and a program called Internet Security 2014 suddenly launches and started running a scan on my computer. There are several infected files according to the scan. Searching the net gives me an idea that Internet Security 2014 is rogue. It is a fake anti-virus software made to scam victims.

Later on Microsoft Security Essentials pop-ups saying that virus called amasecure.exe were blocked. It turned out to be that amasecure.exe and Internet Security 2014 is just one virus affecting my computer. Searching the PC for amasecure.exe file gives zero result. I even looked under Profiles and System folder of Windows for this file but ended up empty.

Please give me exact instructions to remove amasecure.exe and Internet Security 2014 from my computer. Running malwarebytes program finds several Trojans but it is not enough to remove the other viruses on the computer.

2 Responses

1. sid90 says:

Rogue security software often comes with a rootkit Trojan. This is responsible for hiding malicious process inside your system. That also causes amasecure.exe to be concealed; therefore no antivirus can find and delete it. In this special case, you need a dedicated rootkit scanner. Please follow this guide.

1. Search the web for Kaspersky TDSSKiller and download the file. It is safer to download this from Kaspersky web site.
    2. Run TDSSKiller.exe on the computer.
    3. Wait for the scan to finish, it may take a while. You need to restart Windows after disinfection completes.

After scanning with this tool, you may run a scan of your antivirus program or Malwarebytes. I also suggest to scan the PC with Rogue Killer.

2. june Young says:

i have got the same problem before, seem the tee support guys is helpful, but it is up to you, if you can find another way to get rid of it.