How to remove Fast Fix 123 pop-up virus?

This morning, I download a tool from cnet. Also, I obtained a media player from a site that I already forgot (it was not recorded on my browser’s history). I am not really sure which of the two programs have triggered a virus to appear on my computer. Since the download, I keep on receiving Fast Fix 123 pop-up on my computer. The only way to stop the pop-up is to disconnect the PC from the Internet.

I have some search about Fast Fix 123 and it was known to be a malicious program. Some says it is an online technical support scam. So, I never bothered exploring the program and I wanted to remove this Fast Fix 123 pop-up virus immediately. When browsing the web, I also noticed that Fast Fix 123 is served from a different location. Thus, web blocking software is not adequate to stop the pop-up.

Is there any real solution to get rid of Fast Fix 123 pop-up from my computer? Also, why does my antivirus program didn’t warn me about this threat? Please send me tools to instantly remove the virus and clean my compromised machine.

Thanks,
Al Ajou

4 Responses

1. TechforAll says:

Uninstall Fast Fix 123 from Microsoft Windows
    1. Open Windows Control Panel.
    2. Choose Programs (Uninstall a Program).
    3. It will open a list of installed programs, find Fast Fix 123 or any related term and click on ‘Uninstall’.

How to remove Fast Fix 123 on Internet Explorer
    1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. On top menu, go to Tools > Manage Add-ons.
    3. On right panel look for Fast Fix 123 entry and click on Disable button to stop the service.
    4. You may now restart Internet Explorer.

How to Uninstall Fast Fix 123 in Google Chrome
    1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
    2. Click on Settings (three horizontal bars icon or wrench icon for old versions) or ‘Customize and Control Google Chrome’ button located on top right corner of the browser.
    3. Click on Tools > Extensions from the drop-down list.
    4. You can see Fast Fix 123 from the list of installed extensions; remove it by clicking on the ‘Trash’ icon.
    5. Please restart Google Chrome.

How to Remove Fast Fix 123 in Mozilla Firefox
    1. Open Mozilla Firefox Internet browser.
    2. On top menu, go to Tools > Add-ons.
    3. Remove Fast Fix 123 from the list of installed add-ons.
    4. Restart Mozilla Firefox.

2. David says:

Is Fast Fix 123 pop-up a malicious malware program? I’m trying to find out more about this pop up as well? What is it and why?

Thank you!

3. anon says:

yes it is.

4. tr.wall says:

I am also looking for more info on the “fastfix123” aware pop-up. It is scare-ware. One of my neighbors, an older guy new to computers, was just scammed into paying $350 which was their fee for removing the virus they claimed was in his computer! Thats the affordable part if his lesson. He also gave them 24-hr remote access.