How to remove content.pulse360.com Advertisements

Hi, my laptop is experiencing heavy troubles with content.pulse360.com virus. Every minute or so, or each time that I browse the web, content.pulse360.com pop-up appears on my desktop. There are number of antivirus program I tried but none of them detects the problem. The computer comes out clean. I have an speculation that this malware is hidden somewhere on the system or antivirus software is not yet aware of the existence.

This is simply annoying and I wanted to stop the pop-ups causes by content.pulse360.com. Any members here who can give me clear instruction to remove the virus? I have been to different discussion boards and blogs but none of them provides workable solution. I need urgent help on this matter. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks.
Jonnel

1 Response

1. marco says:

Your antivirus program cannot detect content.pulse360.com as a virus because it is literally not. These advertisements are process on the web contents similarly as any other campaign. There is no way you can remove the ads in your browser because you have no control over them. The least you can do is to enable pop-up blocker in your browser. If that didn’t help and you want to block the ads in general, you can edit your Windows hosts file. Please follow this procedure:

1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\
    2. Open the ‘hosts’ file using Notepad and add the following on last line:
    ‘0.0.0.0 content.pulse360.com’

Your new hosts file should look like this:

Hosts file