How can I remove A360 virus from my laptop?

I am browsing myspace photos when this A360 thing pop-up and said I have multiple threats and whatever I clicked it downloaded a program on my computer which makes things even worst. Please help me remove this virus. Thanks

45 Responses

1. jackson Hans says:

all you have to do is to download Malwarebytes Anti Malware and scan your computer with it.

2. sinatra11 says:

This is the same as Antivirus 360. Please see the original posting about this threat. http://www.precisesecurity.com/blogs/2008/12/11/antivirus-360/

3. bradimante says:

A360 removal: My Computer, C:/, Program Files/ Common Files/ System / Uninstall_A360.exe

4. Ed says:

Thanks Bradimante! Your solution worked perfect.

ed

5. pangs says:

yes Bradimante! Thank you!! I was having the same problem!

6. JaJa says:

Hi, I need to remove A360. Its made my laptop crazy. I dont like whats its doing. I can’t get into my emails and such. It keeps having a pop up blocker. Im getting very annoyed with it. Please help me.

7. marky says:

Bradimante! thanks a lot man…you help a lot to us….!

8. Chorizo says:

bradimante

Thanks for your help!

9. Trent says:

In the uninstall folder, it was shown as a shortcut. Are you saying if I delete the shortcut, all is well?

10. jamie sanchez says:

Brandimante your solution worked perfectly you don’t know how thankful I am

11. Lisa Heath says:

Thank you to Brandimante – it worked just as you said it would. I was so frustrated with it blocking EVERYTHING.

12. Sir G says:

Thank you very much Brandimante

13. Philip says:

Thanks. Brandimante. It worked.

Phi

14. deanstnt says:

Thanks bradimante! You’re a genius.

15. jkenney says:

Bradimante, This didn’t work for me. I only had a shortcut there and i deleted it and I am still having the problem. any thoughts?

16. dave_chao says:

Bradimante thank you for your share and effort, it helped us a lot, but how do you remove the pop-up in your task-bar? thanks in advance….

17. Ratna says:

i’ve tried your solution, Bradimante. but when i start the computer up, it still says …TLC file is missing. it’s in the C: drive. how can i solve it?

18. Suzanne says:

I only have a short cut also, will this work??

19. jammie says:

this happened to me last night… i did go to program files and did exactly whats here and i still cant get on all sites are being blocked by this virus. what else can be done to get rid of it

20. fran says:

I also had this horrible virus on my pc. I could not download any removal tools because it kept blocking the websites. So if this happens to you-start your PC with “Safe Mode with networking”…go to Malwarebyte.com and download their free software, run the scan, delete all the viruses and it will also remove the a360. then reboot back in normal mode and everything will be back to normal. !!!what a hassle…

21. Ratna says:

fran, now when you start up your computer, does a window pop up saying a .dll file is missing?

22. dave_chao says:

i downloaded malwarebytes and scanned my PC but nothing happened, this pop-ups from A360 is still coming out, it really pisses me off. it has also a “X” sign on my task bar. anyone knows how to get rid of it? thanks in advance.

23. Arvind says:

Hey Barndimante – finally I have got rid of A360 – thanks to you – U R A GENIUS. Good work and a Hi and thanks from New Zealand – good on you mate.

24. dave_chao says:

If Windows XP is the only operating system installed on your computer, booting into Safe Mode with these instructions.

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power
    * Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
    * Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a “keyboard error” message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
    * Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.
    * Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
    * When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

To use the System Configuration Utility method

* Close all open programs.
    * Click Start, Run and type MSCONFIG in the box and click OK
    * The System Configuration Utility appears, On the BOOT.INI tab, Check the “/SAFEBOOT” option, and then click OK and Restart your computer when prompted.
    * The computer restarts in Safe mode.
    * Perform the troubleshooting steps for which you are using Safe Mode.
    When you are finished with troubleshooting in Safe mode, open MSCONFIG again, on the BOOT.INI tab, uncheck “/SAFEBOOT” and click OK to restart your computer

i suggest that after finished with trouble shooting install the “MalWareBytes” and scan your pc. it will help you delete all undeletable spyware and malware that cant be deleted in normal mode.

25. James DiLallo says:

Thanks for your help Barndimante….another happy customer !!!

26. darl says:

Thanks so much bradimante …I’m so happy I remove that virus ….so happy thanks a lot.

27. pallavi says:

Thanks a lot bradimante

28. Vanessa says:

Barndimante you ROCK! Got rid of that STUPID virus! I love you!

29. camtell says:

Thanks brandimante you are the best!!!!!

30. blueys says:

bradimante just saved me from smashing my laptop..I was getting so frustrated..sweet dude thanks a million:)

31. pk says:

What about for Windows Vista? I can’t seem to find the above locations. Sorry – I’m pretty computer illiterate. :-(

When I go to control panel/programs & features – A360 doesn’t show up anywhere in my list so I can highlight it & hit “uninstall.”

Thanks for your help!!!

32. Hallee says:

Thank you so much Brandimante your “A360 removal: My Computer, C:/, Program Files/ Common Files/ System / Uninstall_A360.exe” worked. It was simple and fast. I didn’t have to purchase any spy or malware software. I just removed it myself, anyone can do it. Just click on your C drive in Computer, then follow the path stated above.

Click on my computer, then click on the C drive, then click on program files, then common files, then system then you will see the file stating uninstall_A360.exe. I can’t believe all these other websites giving people the run around or souping them up to buy additional software when this is all you have to do. Kudos Brandimante I really appreciate it.

Hallee

33. me says:

Everyone with Vista
    I had the same virus!. My OS is VISTA, most of the removal patches do not work. You also can not go to “removal” in your control panel…it wont be there. The only way was to “restore” my laptop. This meant saving all of my files on a thumb drive and running the restore wizard. Yes it is a bummer but it only took me about 2 hours.

Good luck!

34. PunkFunke says:

Thank you so much bradimante. My laptop is the only way to stay in touch with my husband while he is overseas. After much sobbing I found your post and I’m the happiest woman alive right now. Thank you so much for this.

35. PunkFunke says:

FYI: To those having trouble with the shortcut. I didn’t right click it, highlight it or any of the above. I just double clicked the shortcut and a few moments later there was the prettiest little box with the most magical words “A360 Successfully Uninstalled” or something along those lines!

I’m only hoping that this is a long term solution as I’ve heard that the virus regenerates somehow.

36. Salie says:

thanks Bradimante. you help a lot

37. Nardi says:

Bradimante is the KING !!!!!
    Thank You from Albania.

38. Kismet says:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Very easy to follow and solved the problem right away. People like you make this world better. THANKS!

39. dj says:

thanks bradimante!! I was going crazy!! didn’t know WHAT to do..that thing got me good..but thanks to you I followed each step and it worked immediately!

40. linda says:

please can someone tell me how to get rid of A360
    i went on what i thought was a trusted sight and this thing popped up saying my PC was at threat
    I do have McAfee is that enough to get rid of it

many thanks Guys

Linda

41. KRevell says:

Thank you Bradimante you are simply amazing!!

42. djz says:

thank you Bradimante this worked great thank you, thank you

43. michael says:

What a life saver! Thank you ever so much bradimante! Thought we will have to delete everything and to re install from the beginning.

44. getbag says:

Hello Bradimanti, Thanks so very much for the information, It worked perfect and easy to do too. getbag

45. princess says:

what if only the shortcut appeared? bradimante help me
    is it because I once deleted it and the shortcut was not deleted?